Many Items Damaged, Didn't Come Prepared, Workers Very Unprofessional
Submitted this review about a-1 razorback moving company
Review made Live: 10/4/2008 11:26:00 PM
1. They were three hours late in arriving and did not come with the equipment and team we had reserved. We scheduled them to come at 9:00 a.m. with their largest truck and a three man team. We received a call around 8:30 a.m. saying they would be an hour late. After 10:00 a.m. when they still were not there, we called them. We were told it would be another 30 minutes. Again, after 45 minutes, no one had shown up. We were constantly calling them to see where they were. It was almost noon when someone arrived. It was not what we had requested. It was a two man team with a small truck.
2. They did not come prepared. They did not bring any blankets or anything to properly wrap our furniture to protect it. They did not bring any tools for disassembling of furniture. This concerned us and we knew they should have brought something. From our previous experience in using this company, we knew what they had provided before.
3. The two men that came took four smoking breaks in the two and a half hours they were at the apartment to load our furniture. I am paying them by the hour to work, not to smoke. I can understand a break to get a drink, it was hot, but I am not paying for them to smoke. Speaking of drinks, I also did not appreciate them helping themselves to our cokes in our refrigerator. Had they asked first, I would not have minded. But I walked into the kitchen to find them reaching into the refrigerator getting themselves a coke. Very unprofessional and rude.
4. After calling and complaining to someone at the office, they sent the larger truck. This was not actually a large moving truck. It was actually a large trailer, pulled behind a pick up truck. This was not explained to me at all. They said it was their largest moving truck. Coming with this truck were two more men to help. They did tell us that there would be no extra charge for the second truck.
5. They took a one hour break for lunch, of which they asked us to pay for.
6. At the storage units, the men were in a hurry and we observed on several occasions them throwing our stuff into the back of the trailer. They paid no attention to writing on the boxes indicating they contained fragile items. They were told at the beginning that all boxes were marked by room and if they contained fragile items. They were asked to pay close attention to these markings.
7. One of the workers asked to use our bathroom at our brand new house. He proceeded to go in and stick his head in our sink and get it wet to cool off. He then proceeded to walk across our living room, with his hair dripping all over the place, all across our brand new wood floors. I went into the bathroom only to find a much larger mess with water all over the place. UNPROFESSIONAL!
8. After the were done unloading at our new house, it was found that several items were damaged. Our home office desk was broken into four pieces. They did offer to fix this, but could not tell me a time frame of how long it would take to get it repaired. I work from home and must have this desk. We negotiated $100 off our bill to cover the damages to the desk. But nothing else was said about the rest of the items that were damaged (that we knew of at that time). I called and left a message for the manager at the office to call me about these damages, but never received a call back from him.
9. When they presented us with the bill, they charged us for a four man team. We had only reserved a three man team. I know four men worked, but that was not my problem. They were three hours late in arriving and did not come prepared. This is their business and they should be equipped to handle situations like these. This again was very unprofessional. I told them I should not have to pay for the fourth man. The worker treated us like we were stupid to question the bill and loudly and sarcastically spoke with the man at the office (the same man that had not returned my call about the damages). After this call, they re-figured the bill again with only a three man team.
Attempts to resolve issues:
1. Called on August 4, 2008, and left message on the answering machine about damages we knew of at that time. Never received a call back.
2. Called around the middle of August and talked with David. He said the manager, Jacob, was not there. Explained my issues and concerns. He said he would leave Jacob a message to call me back. Never received a call back.
3. Called on September 4, 2008, and left a message on the answering machine to please call me back to discuss the issues about our move. Never received a call back.
4. Filed complaint with the BBB. Case was closed, I did NOT accept their "attempt to resolve" which was NO attempt at all. They didn't admit to any wrongdoings and didn't even try to meet us halfway.
VERY unprofessional company. They don't return phone calls. Use at your own risk! To see the entire case and responses from this company with the BBB, go to my blog. www.houseofjones.com