Don't Use These Guys
Submitted this review about Anytime Relocation, Inc.
Review made Live: 12/28/2007 6:20:00 PM
I moved from California to Georgia. I went with a middle of the road quote from Anytime Relocations instead of the deep discount movers. To summarize my moving experience, I would suggest you not use this moving company if you don’t won’t to get ripped off or have your furniture / home damaged. The following are some issues that I encountered:
• It took them 4 weeks from the date of pick up to deliver my furniture. When I’d call, they would tell me it was in route but I later found out from a deliver driver that it was sitting in a warehouse in NJ.
• They are not open on the weekends. So when they outsource the move to other movers (not a commonly disclosed common practice) and the outsourced movers had issues, they were contactable.
• The contract clearly states that the price of two flights of stairs was included in the move. When the movers got there, they demanded $100 per flight or my furniture would remain in the truck.
• When we refused to pay the extra money they became disgruntled. I finally negotiated with the movers. He made it seem like he was doing me a favor even when I told him it was included in the contract price. They refused to move items upstairs. Instead, they put all my furniture in one spot in the living room.
• They refused to move the rest of my furniture until I signed the Bill of Lading. I did not want to sign it as some of my furniture was damaged in move. But they said they would not finish unloading until it was signed. This extortion only helps their case when it come time to file a claim.
• I moved into a brand new town house. They broke a light fixture in the stair well and did not stop to clean up the glass. They put deep scratches in my hard wood floors and scratched up the newly painted walls. It seemed like they really didn’t care.
• When I tried to file a claim with the so called insurance company, the claim was rejected because I had signed the bill of lading. I tried telling them that if I didn’t sign the lading, my furniture would still be sitting on a truck.