Beltway Movers in DC = RIPOFF
Submitted this review about Beltway Movers
Review made Live: 7/14/2009 4:02:00 PM
BEWARE!!! Beltway Movers are a TOTAL ripoff!
1. They actually STOLE an expensive pair of my shoes. It was new.
I called and complained and they just laughed.
2. Billed me for 8 hours labor x 3 guys when it only took 2 hours to load unload (hey I have only a 1 bedroom.) They chose a crew as FAR away from me as possible (Forestville, Maryland) instead of Rockville (where I was moving to) so they could charge an extra hour of drive time. They did not start loading until an HOUR after they arrived. This move totaled up to $1400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. I mentioned the online $50-100 coupon when I made the reservation (printed out) but neither the dispatcher or moving men would honor it.
4. The moving guys were slow and lazy. The fat "boss" sat in the truck most of the time. One guy actually grabbed drinks out of my fridge w/o asking.
5. They did not finish the job leaving us to move & assemble furniture.
On the way out they broke a branch off of a tree.
Now you know why they refuse to do fixed cost moves.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE RIPOFF ARTISTS!