NOT LICENSED - DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY
Submitted this review about Cali Moving
Review made Live: 9/7/2011 11:38:00 PM
FRAUDULENT OPERATIONS! BEWARE!
1. This company lied to me and said they have their own trucks.
2. They sent a 3rd party to pick up my household goods -Best Movers California, Inc.
3. Best Movers charged me over $1000 for 30 boxes and materials, claiming everything "had" to be in a box for insurance purposes.
4. They also charged for boxing (service) for my belongings for 30 boxes when in fact they only boxed 14 boxes.
5. Cali Moving called me immediately after pick up of my goods demanding an additional $1000 before they would leave the state of California.
6. 1st complaint regarding excessive cost of boxes went ignored.
7. Research determined that Cali Moving does not have a license or permit to ship goods.
8. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th follow up calls to the "Manager" went ignored.
9. 3rd party drivers arrived in the state with my belongings 1 1/2 weeks after I paid the demanded funds.
10. I was only given 15 hours notice, with an additional $660 in charges, and a threat of $60 a day that I didn't accept delivery.
11. I also received threats of my stuff being put in storage for excessive fees if I didn't come up with the $1660 they were demanding.
12. UMI VAN LINES (3rd party delivery service), threated to charge $60 if I was late or unavailable when the driver arrived.
13. Delivery driver arrived 2 hours after scheduled time.
14. Several items arrived broken and damaged that were boxed by Best Movers (which we paid an additional $1000).
15. My dj equipment is lost or stolen.
16. Other items missing/unseen/
17. No customer service.