Submitted this review about greenway van lines
Review made Live: 1/21/2010 12:08:00 PM
I recently used greenway van lines for a movement from St Louis to Minneapolis and had a horrible experience with them!! I wish I had read the reviews and taken them seriously before using them. I totally agree that they are very unprofessional and their main goal is to get your money any way possible, they tell you everything you want to hear on the phone (I spoke to someone named Sergio) and at the time of the move the circumstances were completely different than I expected (they let me talk to their manager at the time by the name of Dave) Briefly I'm going to list a few of the points that were very disappointing and actually happened:
1. They gave me a guaranteed quote of about $1500 and that it would not exceed that price as long as I moved the same items that I listed (that was the main reason I used them not knowing before hand that it was a total rip-off), of course during the move the items listed took more space than they initially evaluated and I ended up paying more than $3000!!
2. The movers were supposed to come between 8am and 5 pm and of course they appeared at 5pm.
3. On the phone they guaranteed me space for all my items and the truck arrived with another load and after packing about two thirds of my items they told me that they ran out of space because the load they already had occupied more space than they expected!! And I was left around midnight with about a third of my stuff still laying around and had to arrange for another move myself (extra expenses!!)
4. they moved my stuff into one truck and it arrived in another truck, because of that my furniture arrived scratched and several items were broken including a lamp that cost about $700, they don't mention the insurance prior to the move and of course it was as bad as the company giving only 60 cents per pound so crystals or lamps or other valuable items that are light weight are of no value if broken therefore I suffered the loss.
5. They give you a range between 7-21 days and you have no idea were your stuff is in the meantime.
6. When they arrived they made sure they insisted on the rest of the payment before they unloaded my items or they would have refused to unload my stuff. After they unloaded the told me about the broken items.
7. During this time I was in contact with their manager Dave who was extremely rude!!! And again it was clear that all they wanted was the money.
In summary, it was a really painful experience which I'm trying to forget. I have never dealt with such unprofessionalism and I would certainly never use them again. The one positive thing about the whole situation was that the movers themselves were decent and tried to be helpful although again a lot of my furniture was scratched and my lamp was broken.
I also want to mention that in a prior move I had used the PODs system and that was actually much better. You pay exactly what you're told and it was overall a very good deal. They appeared on time and were very professional and our stuff arrived in less than a week. You do have to move your stuff yourself though or get someone to help. I hope this review is helpful to anyone moving.