Stay as far away as possible from these people
Submitted this review about HERCULES MOVING & STORAGE
Review made Live: 7/1/2013 2:19:00 PM
I have recently moved with Hercules Moving company out of DC. Our move date was June 29th 2013 from Fort Belvoir Virginia to Woodbridge Virginia. Below is a list of complaints regarding your company, movers and dispatch.
• Movers were scheduled to arrive at 9am, they did not arrive until 11:55. Dispatch blamed my husband and I for the delay stating that we should have told them we were on a military base so that they could have had their ID’s. The fact that we were in a military base was on our estimate that was put together by Andrew.
• Movers showed up with a small box truck to move a 4 bedroom home. They stated that they were told it was a 2 bedroom apartment.
• I was quoted for 5 hours at $480. The movers spent 4.5 hours playing tetris with the truck to get everything to fit.
• Movers worked slowly.
• There is still 2 desks, a deep freezer, dining room chairs, china hutch, outdoor stuff, bikes, and a garden bench still at the other house. We now have to rent a Uhaul on Wednesday in order to get our remaining furniture.
• Movers were told repeatedly not to get on I-95 because it was backed up due to construction. My husband asked them to follow him. They refused. My husband got to the house and the movers did not arrive for another 30 minutes.
• Once the movers arrived they asked us to pay before unloading. The price was much more than what we were quoted. There were charges on the receipt for bubble wrap which we did not use and tape that had been used for monotonous things when not needed. There was no tape charge on the estimate pulled up by Andrew.
• My husband called dispatch to dispute the charges, time issues, slow workers and small truck that left furniture at the other home.
• Dispatch called the movers and told them to add an extra hour to our charges after he got off the phone with my husband.
• Movers took no care in the moving of furniture. My headboard for my bed was dropped on the concrete and then dragged up a concrete step leaving scuff marks.
• The movers dropped my dresser breaking the top of it. Dresser was up on one end and they let it fall to meet the ground evenly.
• One mover continuously jumped from the top landing on the stairs down to the bottom.
• Walls and banisters were scuffed up because they took no care in moving furniture.
• Basement door is severely scuffed up due to movers continuously trying to force a couch through the door when it clearly would not fit.
• Movers gave us a receipt for one amount and charged our credit card significantly more.
• We were told by Andrew, and it also states on the website, that military members get a 5% discount. The company refused to honor that discount.
These people refuse to contact you back or pick up a phone after you have paid. I have broken items and things messed up in my home from them not to mention the outrageous and illegal charge on my credit card.