Do NOT Use
Submitted this review about infinity movers
Review made Live: 2/23/2014 6:40:00 PM
Do NOT use Infinity. I moved from NY to CA and had a horrible experience.
When I called, the sales rep asked me how many large items I had and an estimate of how many boxes I would fill to which I was quoited ~$2,300. He also informed me that I would not need extra insurance. I was quoted 7-10 business days for my belongings to arrive in CA.
What went wrong:
1. When the movers showed up, they told me that the insurance policy that I had was junk and they recommended that I upgrade, which added $500 to the cost of the move. They would not start packing until I signed the paper work, which included the insurance. They would not even grant me the time to call my renters insurance provider or Amex to see if I had any coverage.
2. They used excess materials that was not needed, and I ended up getting charged for the materials.
3. The $2,300 that I was quoted turned into ~$3,900. How? Well, the quote I was given by my sales rep did not include the insurance. Even with that $500, I was charged an extra $1,100 because the sales rep completely low-balled my quote. These guys charge by the cubic foot, so the more space you take, the more you are charged. He gave me a quote of way less than what it actually should have given me.
4. The move took about 14 business days. Once they pick up the belongings, they bring it to a storage facility in Brooklyn. My stuff sat there for about a week before it was put on a truck to head west.
4. Customer service was atrocious. I called these people about the cost nearly everyday. No one could give me an answer, I sat on hold over and over again, I had to retell my story about 10 times, no one could give me an accurate estimate of when the truck would arrive in CA.
5. Once the truck arrived, there were some broken glasses and dishes. I have a large flat screen that is a little bit bent (they box this for you but clearly don't do an adequate job). That said, every item was accounted for.
One plus - the movers were nice and really worked hard. You have to tip them though and due to the increase in my move cost, the tip had to go up as they expect at % of the move cost.